Wednesday, February 18, 2009

We can not flip the hour glass back over!

Something that God has recently shown me is that life is so short! I mean, of course, it seems like it lasts forever. When you are a kid, you just can't wait to be a teenager and be able to drive, then when we are teenagers, we just can't wait to be adults and on our own and able to do everything that we want, then we become adults and learn what it's really about. We look back and say, I couldn't wait to get here but where has time gone? I am no longer a child, my little girls are 4 and 3 now. Starting kindergarden next year. Where has the time gone. I can remember finding out that I was pregnant with RaiLynn and the very exact thoughts that went through my mind when I had her. She is now 4 yrs old. All in the blink of an eye. We can't take the hour glass and tip it back over when it runs out of sand. There is no starting over or going back. It's now. What we make of it today. My favorite quote is "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that's why it's called the present" It is so true. We can't get yesterday back. We don't know what will happen tomorrow. But today, we know, today we can sculpt and mold into what our hearts desire. Sure there will be a couple bumps in the road. But that's when we say "God, you are in control. Not me. Not in my strength. But you Lord, you are strong, and you control my life and my situations. Guide me in your paths. Show me the way. Speak to me Lord and just help me to be obedient!"

In those moments of hardship, we have to realize that God is our creator, and we do not have the power to change people, situations or even ourselves. But God does. And yeah to some people that's hard because some of us, including myself, have controlling mentalities, but just look at it as a relief. Because when we hand our situations over to God it is no longer for us to worry about. All that we have to do is obey! How easy is that? God loves us so much! And sometimes he shows his love by unanswered prayers. Thank you Jesus for those unanswered prayes! Amen!God has a plan for each and everyone of us! All we have to do is obey and turn to Him. Not just in those times of need and desperation! All the time! I was asked a question in my time of hardship, that question was "do you have a reason to smile" my answer is "YES! ABSOLUTELY!" I have more reasons to smile then I have time to list! God loves me enough that He showed me this.. Told me, "Just because it's hard and you feel broken, it is not over! You have to press on! In the midst of it all, I am holding your hand and when you grow week, I am carrying you! You have no reason to be concerned!" Thank You Jesus! You are simply amazing!So, when times are hard.

Remember, we can not flip the hour glass back over. We have to go on! When we have wrong attitudes with someone just because we feel broken, you can never take that back! We have to take everything and see the bigger picture. It is not just about how we are affected, how does our attitude and response affect those around us? We have to make the best of everything and make ourselves a treasure to others no matter what we are dealing with in the flesh! Because God has our back! Just give it to Him and make the best of your time! The end of our time will come. How will everyone around about us remember us? What will their last memory be? Good or bad? That is for us to decide. We are molding ourselves in other people's minds. What will your sculpture be?

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Amen sister! God is so good...we just need to keep our eyes focused on Him! Love ya.